Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hi all.  Whew!  It only took me an hour to correct my boo-boos on my profile page and get to the point I could actually blog.  This is  a hell of an improvement.  Last week, I started in the morning and my wife threatened me with the couch unless I turned off the computer and came to bed.  Lucky for her, I had completed my task.

I think it's interesting what inspires people to write.  There's no telling what will set an author off to put the first words of his novel on paper.  With me , it was at our friends house in Oceanside, Calif.  They owned a small antique shop and after a day of rummiging through garage sales, they brought home an old trunk.  When my buddy and I finally got it open, it was full of old, personal papers and pictures, you know the ones, where a photographer comes by and everyone lines up in the front yard sporting their best gingam and overalls for a family portrait.

After shuffling through these treasures for a while, I commented a good plot for a book would be  after someone buys an old trunk at a garage sale, bad things start to happen to them and their friends because of something hidden in it.  To make a long story short (or is it to late for that) They challenged me to write it.

I did, using our families as the main charcters, and it was fun.

Enough of me.  Please share what inspired you. 

Until next Thursday.
Jay


1 comment:

  1. I was a kid who loved movies and TV and I cultivated an enormous imagination. I've been writing since I was eight and have experienced my greateat success after turning sixty. Life is good. Jy, I think you need to post that trunk story here on the blog.

    Your buddy:
    Donald Riggio- Author - Seven-Inch Vinyl

    ReplyDelete