Friday, August 24, 2012

#6 Moving day. Back to the beginning

Hello All.  I am moving my posting day to Friday.
Let's get back to the beginning of my first novel.  After driving all over Ventura County for days buying every package of correction tape she could find for my type writer, BJ, my wife, told me I had two choices:  Buy a computer or see a divorce lawyer.  After factoring everything in, I figured the computer was the cheapest way to go. And, though as cranky as she was at the time, she is the love of my life.

The big day!  The computer arrives.  Holy Cow, that thing was huge.  BJ had the foresight to get a printer also, which meant  a trip to Walmart for a bigger desk.

We fast forward to our loft where everything is set up. New computer, new printer, new desk, new desk lamp new office chair, and a new room divider on a track like those that separate patients in an emergency room.  I looked at my wife and said, "nothing written yet and we've already had to take out a second on the house."
She responded with: "Yeah, but the upside is no damn correction tape."

To be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment